23 July 2018

Week #100

a bishop's advice


(For those wondering, Peyton gets home on August 15th and will speak in church about his mission on Sunday, Aug 19th at 1pm.  He'd love to have you there!)

well another week come and gone. ill be straight this week was slowwwww as ghanains coming to church on sunday hahahahah but for real it was a good long busy transfer week! got a few new legends in our zone we are excited to work with!

ive been thinking alot about how hard its gonna be to get on a tro in few weeks and head to accra to get on a plane back home. somehow i  feel as joseph smith once felt, knowing that as he left to carthage, he would never return. now obviously im not marching to my death and im definitely gonna one day come back to ghana BUT not as a missionary.... and thats the hard part.

so many mixed emotions about ending a mission. but everytime i think about it, i remember the words that my bishop once told me as i was leaving to come on a mission. he gave me 3 ways to be a successful missionary in fulfilling my calling. 
1. work hard
2. love the people
3. be obedient

these 3 things have been a huge drive for me my whole mission.

i never thought it would be hard to work hard. for goodness sake i love working back home. but it seems that satan knows theirs a big difference from washing cars for a couple bucks an hour, to saving souls from eternal torment and frustration. BUT it can be done, as presidently hinckley shared -- forget yourself and go to work. best advice for a man like me.

love the people. yeaaaaaa i thought this was gonna be cake but sometimes these people really know how to get on your nerves. but one humble ghanain with a willing heart makes up for all the others that just drive you crazy. seeing people as what they can become not what they are, as alma says, "seeing with the eye of faith"

be obedient. in the past 2 weeks we've had some elders go home for disobedience and not sustaining leaders. its sad cause yea its not easy to be obedient and even me ive tried so hard to be exact my whole mission. ill be straight there's been many times ive fallen short of my stewardship but repentance has become my greatest tool to overcome trials. working with the lord helps us stay with the lord.

forever grateful for my bishops advice he gave to me that day. love that man and all the leaders in my ward.

FIGHT TO THE FINISH

love and pray for you always!

elder jeppson








No comments:

Post a Comment